Westend Hospital also provides care at the partial hospitalization program (PHP) and intensive outpatient program (IOP) levels in Jennings, Louisiana, at an outpatient location conveniently situated just steps from our inpatient treatment center. Our PHP & IOP services both offer quality care options for individuals who are either transitioning out of inpatient treatment or whose needs do not demand the intensive level of support that is provided by our inpatient program. PHP offers less intensive services than are available in our inpatient program, but provides more structured programming than is available in IOP.
Like the rest of Westend’s treatment offerings, the Jennings PHP/IOP services are built upon a philosophy of individualized care. We recognize that every person who comes to us to heal has unique needs and strengths, so we provide individualized treatment plans for each of our clients that take into account their needs and goals.
Our Jennings PHP/IOP center accepts men and women ages 18 and older, and we provide care for individuals with a range of mental health disorders. The following are among the most common disorders that we treat:
- Depressive disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Schizoaffective disorder
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
Clients in PHP/IOP benefit from a range of interventions, including the following:
- Groups: In many ways, groups are the foundation of treatment in PHP and IOP. Groups cover a range of topics, including coping skills, anger management, grief therapy, relapse prevention, stress management, and family issues. These groups, led by an experienced social worker, allow clients to support and be supported by each other in a safe environment.
- Individual therapy: Individual therapy provides a chance for PHP/IOP clients to explore personal issues in-depth, receive one-on-one support and attention, and process material that they may not feel comfortable discussing in groups. Individual therapy sessions, which are led by experienced social workers, last between 45 minutes and one hour and are offered on an as-requested or as-needed basis.
- Family therapy: Though an individual’s mental illness affects one’s entire family, our clients’ family members are often an excellent source of support. Our family programming helps family members understand mental illness and gives them a safe space to work on any issues in their relationships that prevent them from coming together as a unified whole.
PHP and IOP services are both offered multiple days per week. A typical day in PHP/IOP includes a variety of interventions that are delivered in a manner that is best suited to the specific needs of each person who is receiving care. The length of time that a client will remain in PHP or IOP will depend upon his or her strengths, needs, and progress toward treatment goals.
If you or someone you know may benefit from the comprehensive, individualized, and caring treatment we provide, please do not hesitate to contact us. Today could be the first day of a brighter future.
Jennings PHP/IOP Location:
1602 Highway 90 West, Jennings, La. 70546
Phone: (337)616-8122, Fax: (337)824-0833