At our center in Lake Charles, Louisiana, Westend Hospital provides life-changing psychiatric treatment services at the partial hospitalization program (PHP) and intensive outpatient program (IOP) levels for adult men and women, ages 18 and above.
The services that are provided at the Lake Charles center are ideal for prospective clients whose needs fall into one of two categories:
- People whose mental health issues do not require the intensive comprehensive care that would be provided through an inpatient psychiatric treatment program.
- Individuals who have completed residential or inpatient care and can benefit from a step-down level of support to facilitate a successful transitional out of treatment.
PHP and IOP treatment at our Lake Charles location is designed for men and women who have been struggling with a variety of mental health disorders, including the following:
- Schizoaffective disorder
- Personality disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Anxiety disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Depressive disorders
When a man or woman enters PHP or IOP treatment at Westend Hospital’s Lake Charles center, he or she will complete a thorough intake assessment and will be provided with a personalized treatment plan that identifies and addresses his or her unique needs and objectives. During a typical day, clients will take part in multiple therapeutic interventions, with a break for a hot lunch in the middle of the treatment day. If an individual or family therapy session has been requested and scheduled, it will be incorporated into the client’s treatment plan for that day. At the end of the treatment day, the client will return to his or her place of residence. Housing is not provided for clients at any of Westend Hospital’s PHP/IOP locations.
Depending upon an individual’s needs and goals, the following elements may be included in his or her treatment at the Lake Charles center:
- Group therapy: The fundamental method of treatment at the Lake Charles PHP/IOP center is group therapy. Multiple group therapy sessions are held every day under the guidance and leadership of trained and experienced social workers. Specific content of each group will depend upon the contributions of all participants, but general topics that may be addressed during group sessions include anger management, stress management, family issues, grief therapy, coping skills, and relapse prevention.
- Individual therapy: As well as serving as a safe and confidential space in which clients can address issues that they may not be able to discuss during group sessions, individual therapy also provides clients with the opportunity to receive one-on-one guidance from an experienced social worker.
- Family therapy: Family therapy sessions are also available at the request of the client or his or her family. These sessions can be invaluable opportunities for family members to address how they have been impacted by their loved one’s mental illness and for all participants to learn how to strengthen family bonds so that they can function as a more supportive and healthy unit going forward.
Typical length of stay in PHP or IOP at the Lake Charles center will depend upon several personal factors, including his or her strengths, needs, progress, and treatment goals.
For more information about PHP and/or IOP care at Westend Hospital’s Lake Charles location, or to get answers to any questions you may have about any aspect of treatment at Westend Hospital, please feel free to contact us at your convenience. We look forward to helping you determine if we can provide the solutions that you have been searching for.
Lake Charles PHP/IOP Location
1909 Southwood Drive, Lake Charles, La. 70605
Phone: (337)527-7878, Fax: (337)527-7880